Nurture Your Pregnancy
Pregnancy is an exciting time of your life. Yet, the changes you are experiencing can be challenging. Prenatal massage supports you during your pregnancy.
Some of the benefits of prenatal massage include:
- Pillows and bolsters support your changing body.
- Find stress-relief and comfort.
- Improve sleep.
- Decrease physical discomfort.
- Ease digestive difficulties.
- Take time to connect with your baby.
Massage after giving birth can aid with adjusting to caring for your new baby and help your body recover from pregnancy and delivery. Whether this is your first or third baby, pregnancy, the birth process and the addition of a new family member are huge transitions.
Here are some of the ways massage can help:
- Enhance relaxation and sleep.
- Assist in coping with stress.
- Reduction in aches, pains and physical tension from pregnancy and birth as well as those which occur from caring for baby (holding, feeding).
- Aid in recovery from pregnancy and birth (physical, emotional and hormonal.)
- Provides downtime.
- Aids in digestion.
- Reduces swelling.
- Supports skin elasticity.
- Provides relief of headaches (tension, sinus and migraine).
- Improved breastfeeding experience. A relaxed mom is better able to produce milk.
- Decreased incidence of postpartum anxiety and depression.